Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mission Statement - 25 January 2012

Welcome to the Grog Bowl! This blog is going to serve as an outlet for me to express my opinions on a variety of subjects that basically, strike my fancy to do so. I’m also going to talk about some of my favorite activities such as cooking and drinking beer wherein I provide reviews of craft beers that I try as well as restaurants and recipes. I will publish my own recipes here as well and I have a few. I like to make people laugh and I may do that here with some of the weird stuff that pops into my head. When it pops in there, its gotta come out.
,
This will be my place to express my viewpoint. my opinion and my support or dissention of any issue of the day. I don’t know if this blog will have the capacity for readers to provide their commentary but if so, it is welcome. I love a good discussion or debate and I am a firm believer that there can be debate without the hate. If we talk about something and we have differing viewpoints it means we have differing viewpoints and nothing more. I don’t judge people on their views and opinions. I do the best I can to not judge people at all. You can judge me all you want but its baggage you carry on your own. There will only be one time that truly matters that I will be judged.

I will also discuss some of the things that I go through every day. At present I am medically retired with a heart condition, I am a “borderline” type II diabetic. I am partially blind having lost much of peripheral vision in 1981.  My vision degraded further in 2003 when I started having heart attacks. I also have circulation problems, nerve damage in my back and legs and basically I am just getting old. So I’m going to talk about that. What it’s like to be this way, how its affected me and what I can do to make it better or not as well as provide some info on how to make it better for others. I also suffer from some anger management, maybe depression and/or PTSD. I don’t know for sure as I have never been diagnosed for it but I wouldn’t be surprised. I am beginning the process to find out about it.

Why call it “The Grog Bowl?” Well mainly because “Grog” used to be a nickname given to me by a very good friend of mine a long time ago and I love it to this day but your typical Grog Bowl is a concoction of alcohols, juices and what have you that people would drink from at a party. A mix of all kinds of stuff! So that could describe what’s going to happen here, a “Grog Bowl” of thoughts, opinions and what have you. I can’t and won’t post something every day and I don’t know how long I will run this blog but when I do post something here, I will endeavor to make it something of substance and something that does me and any/all readers some measure of good or otherwise provides some entertainment. I don’t claim to be a writer, it’s just a blog but I will do this for as long as I feel that some purpose is served. If nothing else it can be fun and give me a much needed hobby.

So Welcome to the Grog Bowl! I wish you well and may God Bless Ya!

Today's “Did Ya now?” Did Ya know that today is World Leprosy Day? You can check out their work here at this link http://www.leprahealthinaction.org/category/our-work/ .
It’s also MacIntosh Computer Day and Lotus 1-2-3 Day!


1 comment:

  1. First!

    OK, that was lame....

    Good on you to find a way to vent. I'm with you on the anger management--that's mostly the source of my snarky FB comments, but you probably knew that! :)

    ReplyDelete