Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It’s About Nothing


8 May 2012

I hadn’t posted in a little while. We have had a lot of stuff going and frankly I just didn’t feel the need to take the time in writing something up. If and when I do post an article or blog post, whatever you want to call it, I want it to mean something. I don’t consider myself a “writer” and I don’t think posting a blog makes one a writer but I don’t want to just shovel stuff out there for the sake of doing it. I think we have enough people doing that in this world! A former friend of mine many times will post a poster or “meme” when her creative well runs dry. I think that’s a nice way of providing content. But for me, I’ll handle this blog as I do life. When I have something to say, I’ll say it. If I don’t have anything to say, I won’t. I’ve just written a paragraph on having nothing to say!

Quite a few friends of mine post blogs and each of them sparkle with their own individuality. I don’t read blogs all the time but when I do, I read blogs. Stay well read my friends. I think the thing I like most about reading a friends blog is that I get a good sense of that person. I can hear their voice as I read the words and I always learn something more about them. It doesn’t matter what the blog is about. It doesn’t have to be about anything. It can be like mine, about nothing, and still I end up having the benefit of a particular insight or having shared in the recollection of a memory or happening in my friend’s life. That’s a part of being a friend I guess, sharing experiences. At any rate, it’s nice to know what my friends are thinking, even if they are thinking a lot about nothing.

One of the greatest shows on television was “Seinfeld”. Those that know me well know I am a major fan of that show. I especially love Kramer. Anyway, I loved how the show was about nothing. Something about nothing. And in reality that nothing always turned out to be something and that something meant everything at that time. At least until it was over, then it was nothing but I always felt like “Man that was something”. And I think that’s what I want to keep doing with this blog. Nothing.  There’s no theme here, no real substance, just a bunch of stuff. I don’t question the taters on the plate, how they got there and what’s the purpose. They are taters.

Have a Blessed Day Ya’ll!
 
Today’s “Did Ya Know?” Its “World Red Cross Day” The Red Cross originated in Geneva back in 1863 as a humanitarian effort and it’s now 149 years old. Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross in 1881. Those of us in the military and having served overseas are well familiar with some aspects of their work. They also provide relief and aid to a number of peoples worldwide and today is a day we observe and give thanks for that which they do. Check out your local chapter today!
 
Related Links:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment